Monday, October 29, 2012

The First Year of Forever

 
                Exactly one year ago today, Carson and I began dating.  In 5 days, we’re getting married.  When I was younger I always promised myself that I would date someone for AT LEAST one year before getting married.  It just seemed like a good rule of thumb.  I didn’t want to get caught up in the Mormon tradition of getting engaged on the second date and meeting up at the temple for the third.  It used to sound romantic but more than anything it really just sounded crazy.  You know what’s romantic? Getting to know each other and feeling totally comfortable, learning about our flaws with each other, and truly trusting each other. That’s romantic.

                In a couple of days we’re going to have a new anniversary.  November 3rd, 2012 is about to become history.  We are about to establish a new family—and that family tie will be established in heaven as well.  That we can be the foundation of generations is incredible.  I’m glad that our first day as husband and wife will have the foundation of a year behind it.  It doesn’t mean we’re completely prepared but I think we’ve learned a little bit about how to get along, how to compromise, how to listen, and how to love.  I'm so excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment