Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Littlest Dipo

Carson and I have a new baby girl!  Her adoption was a little bit unexpected.  We'd been visiting places around town and thinking of adopting at some point in the future.  On February 23rd, we were out and about checking out furry friends when we saw her.  PetSmart was having an adoption day.  We were already there cheking out some kitties when two women from Spokanimal came in with two cages.  One was a big fat cat called Mr. Cat and the other was this sweet little girl, too scared to come out of the her cage.

But she did come out with a little coaxing and then grabbed onto me in a sweet hug with her paws on my shoulder.  She was purring so loudy and clinging to me with all her strength.  That's when I fell in love.  She'd picked me.  When I handed her to Carson, she picked him too.

Even so, we left without her.  We hadn't planned on adopting.  We weren't sure if it was the right thing.  We went on with our day....but we couldn't forget her!  Though we hadn't planned on a new member of our family just yet, we knew we couldn't let someone else take our little girl.  She was a Dipo through and through.  So we made it official!  We went back and picked up our little girl!

Welcome to our family, Kipsie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment