Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Incredibly Loud and Extremely Small

We've been in our ward over a year and a half and in that time Carson has had one calling: Cub Scout leader for the Bears.  I guess he's just an incredible cub scout leader because they don't seem to want to let him go.

After a few terrifying months of being his co-leader in the cub scouts (there is a reason this group is named after wild animals!), I was called to the work with the young women.  More specificially as the Second Counselor which means that I worked primarily with Beehives (12-13 year olds).  Eventually, due to scheduling conflicts, I was asked to be the Beehive Advisor instead (but it was pretty much the same thing). 

That's been a significant part of my life for the past year.  At first I was a bit more involved as a counselor.  I attended all the meeting and made sure to be at every Wednesday night activity.  But even after I was moved to an advisor position, I still saw these girls every Sunday.  I still got to prepare their lessons and often learn with them and through them.  And, admittedly, some girls were closer to my heart than others and to them I felt more like a big sister than a leader.  Those, especially, I will miss.

I can only assume I've reached perfection in this calling and that is why I'm being asked into another.  That, or God decided that I needed more intense humbling.  Whatever the case, I've been called as the Second Counselor in the Primary.

After one Sunday under the belt, I'm feelin' good.  I even learned a new primary songs with sweet hand moves.  I don't get the feeling this will be a "hard" calling in the sense of time committment, difficult personalities to work with, or basically....anything.  This should be an all around fun calling and I kinda dig all the singing :)

Bigger and better?  How about just smaller and louder?  I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment