Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Anxiously Engaged ;)

Before I start, let's take a step back. On August 15th, 2010 I wrote this:
"I've started to believe that romance is a rare effect on silly people. I'm careful not to act like a love sick fool. But it's all I really want to do. Who will ever be such a fool with me? Reality, practicality, maturity. I'd rather be a fool in love."
It's 2 years later and my dream has become reality. I'm engaged to a fellow fool and feel more in love than ever. Like every good story, ours started once upon a time in the year 2011. Though we'd known each other for over a year through church and mutual friends, we never dated until this time. Our friendship started during the summer. I'd always thought he was cute but now that I was getting to know him even more I was starting to love his sense of humor too.

Towards the end of the summer he attended a "White Trash BBQ" at my house. Though the wig didn't do anything for me, I have to  admit that at this point I'd developed a full-blown crush. Luckily,someone took a picture to commemorate that moment.

Only a week or two later, we both attended the same Colbie Callait concert. After coming to say hello, I couldn't hold it in any longer. I blurted out my little secret to my friend Megan. This is a picture of us after the concert:
Fortunately, she didn't keep my secret a secret for very long and the following weekend I was out on a date with Carson! We saw a hockey game and I got a bear hug for every score they made. Go Chiefs!

Then he took me home and we decided to watch a movie. I snuck upstairs for a moment and when I came back down he was in the love seat (which has a terrible view of the tv). I took that as a sign that maybe this wasn't a date...maybe we were just hanging out as friends? So I sat on the big couch and we watched the movie. I later found out that he thought I just didn't want to sit near him. Once again, my friend Megan untied the knots for us.

Days later we were swinging in swings at the park and Carson was trying to tell me that he really liked me. We still laugh about what I said next: "Are you nervous?" Well, of course he was but he didn't admit it then. It didn't matter though. Our feelings were mutual. Carson Dipo wasn't just my crush anymore. He was about to become my boyfriend!  I had no idea then that he was only a few months shy of becoming my fiance. 

I'm so grateful to have met the love of my life and that he loves me back just as much I as I love him.  I guess Mr. Right (or in my case Mr. Carson Dipo) doesn't have to be one or the other--the practical choice or the guy that makes you melt--sometimes he's both!

1 comment:

  1. Oversized hot pink button down with (you can't see this in the pic) lime green polka dot capris and cherry red lipstick! C'mon! Though I will say that Carson had me beat with that shaggy blonde wig.

    ReplyDelete