Tuesday, September 18, 2012

From Girlfriend to Fiance

Eight wonderful months after we began dating on July 10th, 2012, Carson and I hiked up Tower mountain. I thought we were going on a whim.  He'd mentioned it before and when he suggested we go that evening I figured it was as good a time as any.  When we reached the top, Carson  suggested that we get a picture of the two of us with the beautiful view behind us. He set up the camera timer and ran over to me. We smiled for a few minutes waiting for the flash and when nothing happened we decided to turn around and enjoy the view instead. Carson told me we could see the temple from up there. I searched the scenery, pointed, and asked questions like "Near that big circle thing?" When he stopped answering, I turned around and he was down on one knee with the ring box open.  It was the perfect proposal complete with a lovely speech that I could barely listen to through my excitement!  The ring was pretty nice too :) As you might have guessed, the camera was on video and he got the whole thing on tape.    It was the best proposal a girl could ask for--totally alone with a beautiful view and the absolute perfect guy.  I'm going to be Mrs. Ashley Dipo!

No comments:

Post a Comment