Monday, August 26, 2013

The Outdoorsersons

 

Growing up, I hated the outdoors.  It meant three things: heat, mosquitoes, and work!  I wouldn't say I never had fun outside but for the most part I'd rather stick to A/C, avoid yard work, and focus on Seventeen magazine and getting my hair perfectly straight.


Skookum Lake hike

But, folks, I think I'm warming up to it.  It helps that we don't have our own yard, Spokane has much more moderate temperatures, and tons less bugs!  I'm also in love with the trees, mountains, and many beautiful lakes in this area.

Our perfect camp site near the water
Don't get me wrong.  I still ask questions when setting up a tent, can't name most plants, and do a funny song and dance when I get freaked out by the wasps.  Still, I think I'm finally learning what everyone has been raving about.  The world is a really beautiful place when people don't tear it down and pour concrete over it.

Carson jumping in at about 8pm when it was getting cold out
 It also helps that I'm enjoying it all with this guy!  Seriously, look at those adorable eye crinklies!


Cold but happy :)

Hiawatha Trial

Team Leader: Carson Dipo


Ready to roll
So, yeah, it's a pretty great life for this Dipo wife :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment