Sunday, November 17, 2013

Everything Good Happens in November

Exhibit A:

Carson and I survived our first year of marriage!  I can't possibly go into a short explanation of what that means so I'll try to paint a metaphorical visual for you.  Imagine watching 2 people walk into a cave they've just discovered with looks of wonderment, curiosity, excitement, nervousness, and giddiness on their faces. Now imagine those same two people walk out of the cave a year later with their clothes torn to shreds, dirt on their faces, small twigs sticking out of their matted hair.  One of them has a limp and the other has a bloody wound.  But they're holding hands and smiling because, whatever just happened in there, they walked out alive and in love.  That's kind of what it's like.


Exhibit B:

I saw my favorite book (dare I say, of all time) turned into a movie and it still rocked.  My 9th grade fantasy came to fruition in the most fulfilling way ever.  I couldn't love Ender more than I do now.  And I couldn't love Asa Butterfield any more that I do when I see him bring my favorite character to life. 


Exhibit C:

I met Shelby Bock, part baby/part angel.  I'm tellin' you, this kid could sell some serious Gerber baby food with that mug.  I'm only an aunt and my love is like THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS
big.  I'm SO glad I didn't have to wait until Christmas to meet this precious girl.


Exhibit D:

Baby Kai was born on November 14th!!  He arrived safe and happy and looking just like his daddy.  I wish I could say I met him in person but only Mom, Dad, and Grandma Eileen have VIP passes at the time.  However, I'm hoping to prove my status as #1 fan and get backstage sometime soon.  I'm gonna need some serious snuggles when I do!


No comments:

Post a Comment