Friday, November 29, 2013

A Thanksgiving Miracle

 

 
My mother-in-law, Diane, got her knee replaced this November.  She did great and she's recovering beautifully but it was pretty obvious that she wouldn't be able to create her usual Thanksgiving spread for the 20ish people that typically visit for the holiday.  It was a scary decision but I stepped up the plate (knowing full well that I might ruin Thanksgiving for everyone).  I'm happy to report that I did not ruin Thanksgiving!!  It wasn't the fanciest Thanksgiving I've ever attended and certainly nothing was made from scratch (and I had a much much smaller crowd) but it was edible and tummies were full in the end and that's a pretty good first try if you ask this Thanksgiving cook novice. 
 
Of course, post-Thanksgiving was just as warm and fuzzy.  We sat around nursing our full bellies and Chloe did 7 wild seconds on the laundry basket before she got bucked off. 
 
Then the next day, she let Uncle Carson have a shot at the loose tooth.  Pretty soon, she'll only be able to eat mashed potatoes and jell-o but hey, it's a living, am I right?
 
 
 And then this happened....
 
 
And I just noticed that Carson is in every picture...I guess I just love my photo-bombing, wild laundry basket bucking, tooth-pulling, dog snugging hubby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment